Christine, one of the owners of Freshwater Exotics, will describe the process by which fish are collected in the wild and then come to the United States. She and Jamie went to S. America and documented the experience.
Freshwater Exotics is an importer of wild caught South American fish. Jamie has been importing for over 25 years, Christine joined him 12
years ago. They have always been dedicated to supplying the U.S. market with wild caught fish. A strong belief in supporting the wild caught ornamental fish industry has taken them on a lifelong journey of discovery and continuing education. By sharing their journey and business endeavors with hobbyists, breeders and enthusiasts, they hope to enlighten you as to why wild Amazon fish are not only sustainable,
but how this industry actually supports the environment and economy in the Amazon.
A Journey Downriver:
- From the Amazon to Your Aquarium
- Glimpse firsthand how wild ornamental fish are collected
- Discover what happens between the time they are collected & transported downriver
- Join the fish on their journey downriver to the export facilities
- Tour export facilities and gain insight as to how ornamental fish are cared for and treated before being shipped to the U.S.
This informative and eye-opening lecture will include captivating footage and photos accompanied by a firsthand narrative of what they experienced during their month spent in the state of Para and Amazonas, Brazil in November of 2018.
Their ambition in sharing this experience is to acquaint you with how the supply chain functions and to allow you to gain insight into this little-known aspect of the wild caught
ornamental fish industry.
Perhaps one day you’ll make the journey yourself!