MAAH 2017 Fall Auction Rules
- Seller Registration begins at 9:00 am.
- The Auction starts at 11:00 am.
- Membership in Madison Area Aquatic Hobbyists (MAAH) is not required to buy or sell items.
- Bag labels (tags) will be supplied by MAAH through www.mygroupauctions.com.
- The following information must appear on each label: Seller name and contact, Bag #, Quantity, and Description.</li?
- Use of the label function of My Group Auctions for printing your bag labels is encouraged.
- Proper bagging is required:
- Fish should be double-bagged.
- No zip locks, baggies or twist ties allowed.
- Plastic buckets with lids are allowed for large or spiny fish.
- A $2 fee will be deducted from a seller’s commission payment for each item that is not double bagged or needs to be re-bagged.
- All fish must be of sellable size: Minimum of 1 inch, except in case of dwarf species
- Auction Split: (Selling Price – $1.00) × 80% = Seller’s Share.
- Example: If an item sells for $11, the seller will receive ($11.00 – $1.00) × 80% = $8.00.
- The seller’s profit will be paid by check no later than four weeks after the auction.
- The Seller must be registered in My Group Auctions in order to receive payment. (Registration is available on the day of the auction)
- One seller number per seller, with a maximum of 50 lots.
- A maximum of five (5) lots per species. (A species includes all color morphs.)
- Only aquatic plants and/ or aquatic animals will be allowed.
- All unclaimed items become the property of MAAH.
- Items cannot be removed from the auction after registration.
- No personal sales or trades of any kind will be allowed in the auction room without prior approval of an auction chairperson.
- Each item will be sold to highest bidder. The minimum bid is $2, with $1 increments, the auctioneer may increase the increment of the bids at his/ her discretion. No reserve bids are allowed.
- There is a $2 priority bag system. For a $2 fee, a bidder may bring any item to the front of the auction. Priority bids purchased will be brought up after the first table and pre auction designated priority items. All priority items will be placed at the discretion of the auction chairman and auctioneer.
- Prohibited or illegal species will not be sold. Any prohibited or illegal species will be removed from the auction at the discretion of the auction chairpersons.
- MAAH reserves the right to remove any patron who is disruptive or who is behaving in an unsafe manner.
- The Auctioneer will settle any disputes as to the bids, and his/her decision is final.
All Rules will be strictly enforced. Those not adhering to the rules will be ejected. The auction chairpersons or designated persons shall have sole authority over the interpretation and enforcement of all rules.
All persons attending this event do so at their own risk. Neither the MAAH, its Officers, Members, the Crowne Plaza, nor any other persons connected with this event assume any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage or injury incurred in attending this event.