Notifications
Clear all

Proposed By Laws revision  

RSS

marine590622
(@marine590622)
September 3, 2020 5:57 am  

This post serves as the publication of a proposed by laws revision.  

It is moved that paragraph VI A. which reads

The Executive Board shall perform or commission an annual audit within sixty (60) days of the annual meeting.

Be amended to read

The Executive Board shall perform or commission an annual review of the clubs funds within
sixty (60) days of the installation of the new board. .

It is moved that paragraph VII B 1 which reads

Withdrawal of any society funds from repository shall require one (1) signature by the President or Vice
President.

Be amended to read

Authority to withdraw funds from the Clubs repository shall require one (1) signature
by the President, Vice President, or other executive board member, or Committee Chairperson if designated by
the Executive board

This topic was modified 4 weeks ago by marine590622

Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member
September 4, 2020 4:59 pm  

I don't see why you would open the check book to so many people.   You are saying the 7 people, board members, can make a withdraw, plus anyone else they give access?  At least this is what I read from the statements.

ReplyQuote
marine590622
(@marine590622)
September 4, 2020 11:05 pm  

No that is not what I meant,  it is the president, Vice president and anyone else the board approves provided they are a committee chair, or another member of the board.  

In the past it would have been helpful if the Cataclysm Chair, or the Treasurer could sign checks.  What we are doing is allowing the board some discretion.

ReplyQuote
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member
September 5, 2020 7:56 am  

I understand that need, but I do not believe that what you wrote limits the use as intended.  May I suggest the following:

Authority to withdraw funds from the Clubs repository shall require one (1) signature
by the President, Vice President, or by designation for limited purpose and duration by the Executive Board, another executive board member or Committee Chairperson 

ReplyQuote
Share: