Notifications
Clear all

Online Auction

Megan McGuire
(@megan1967)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

IT'S READY!

The new online auction website is ready. Auction items should be entered today or Saturday. You must be a paid annual member of MAAH to list items, but anyone can bid.
You can get a membership by going to our home page: https://madisonaquatichobby.com/membership-entry-form/
  • Start your auction items at 7:00 (19:00) on Saturday. The program runs on military time so just add 7 + 12 = 19.
  • End your auction items Friday, August 28 at 19:00.

THERE ARE TWO INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS.

ONE ON REGISTRATION:

ONE ON ADDING ITEMS

Questions? Email or call Megan McGuire 608.843.5757 megan1967@gmail.com
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION ABOUT LISTING ITEMS. POLICIES ARE UNDER THE "INFO" TAB IN THE MAIN MENU. SPLITS ARE DESCRIBED ON THE MAIN PAGE.
This topic was modified 11 months ago by Megan McGuire

Physarum liked
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Member Customer

Should be interesting, especially with people adding in their BAP submission, but living well outside of the Madison area.  My BAP is up along with with two non-BAP auctions.

ReplyQuote
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Member Customer

The auction is doing some weird things.  If someone starts the bidding at 1 dollar and someone else bids 2 dollars, then the second person is now winning, but the bid is still at 1 dollar.  There is one fish that had three different people at the same value bid.  I am just wonder if it is functioning properly or not?

Take a look at this auction; http://auctions.madisonaquatichobby.com/product/5-hemichromis-exsul/?v=7516fd43adaa

ReplyQuote
Patrick Gray
(@thekribkeeper)

How are you to get in contact with the buyers? I don’t see a messaging option on the auction site and the forum says I am not allow to message people yet. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

ReplyQuote
fishlady
(@fishlady)

When is the auction this month?

Someone should post when the auctions are going to be ahead of time so people are ready before they actually start.

Dave liked
ReplyQuote
Dave
 Dave
(@dave)
Member Customer

It seems that if you don't catch the announcement on FB, then you miss it.  I agree, it would be good to have announcements in other places.

ReplyQuote
Megan McGuire
(@megan1967)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The first auction was a bit delayed, but since then and going into the future the auction will begin the 3rd Friday of the month at 7:00pm and end the 4th Friday of the month at 7:00pm.

You can start entering items into the auction the monday before it starts.

Buyers are asked to pay for their winnings the same day that the auction closes or the next day if the site is really a bogged down.

ReplyQuote
marine590622
(@marine590622)

but moving forward the monthly online auction is going to be timed to allow for folks to deliver their lots at the in person meeting.  This months auction is up at the initial online site.  Bidding opens at 7:00 PM Friday but you can add lots now.

ReplyQuote
Share: