Red Empress Re-home

Notifications
Clear all

Red Empress Re-home  

RSS

ZachV
(@zachv)
August 17, 2020 9:19 am  

I adopted a few cichlids when I bought a tank from a co-worker. There is a red empress which is quite a bit larger than all the other fish. It's about 7" long. I've tried everything to curb since I adopted them in January but have decided this isn't the right tank for it. 

Other than being blind in 1 eye it's a decent looking fish. The injury was almost certainly from the sharp plastic plants that the previous owner was using. I medicated to be sure but it's totally healed. If anyone has a suitable tank and would like to adopt it, you'd be doing me a favor. I can deliver within a reasonable distance around Lake Mills. Certainly Madison would be a reasonable distance.

Thanks in advance.

Zach

ZachV
(@zachv)
September 4, 2020 2:23 pm  

Bump, still available. Cool fish but I don't have the tank for it.

ReplyQuote
Brent Severson
(@brent-severson)
September 6, 2020 9:29 pm  

I’d be interested. I have a community African tank it would probably do fine in. I work in fort atkinson, if we could meet there sometime after I’m done, that would be really convenient. Otherwise I could share my number and we could work something out 

ReplyQuote
ZachV
(@zachv)
September 7, 2020 7:34 am  

@brent-severson absolutely! I work from home for the time being, so Fort/Lake Mills is all super convenient for me. Will PM.

ReplyQuote
ZachV
(@zachv)
September 9, 2020 11:20 am  

Thanks again Brent! I hope he enjoys his new tank mates and behaves for you. Certainly more personality in that fish than any other I've owned. 

His former tank mates are getting along better than ever without a grumpy 2x sized bully. My male Sciaenochromis fryeri is already starting to dig out a new love nest. Everyone else just seems extra chill today, especially a ob peacock who was on top of the Empress' list of fish to pick on.

ReplyQuote
Share: