What spawned for you recently?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by Marine590622, Aug 23, 2012.

1. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Cat knocked my cover off my betta rubra tank. Male holding developed fry on floor dead. Very depressing and frustrating.
  2. Rockriverfish

Rockriverfish Member

That sucks, and what is worse is that will probably beat my Grimmy story for this month.

Stripped a female Aulonocara maleri on Sunday. Should have let her hold a while longer though. Just heads and tails on really big yolk sack right now. I have them tumbling
    SteveS likes this.
  3. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

As long as they can wiggle you don't need to tumble.
  4. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

You know the solution to that problem, get rid of the cat!;)
    SteveS likes this.
  5. hazard

hazard Active Member

I noticed a Xenotilapia Ornatipinnis holding last night
    SteveS likes this.
  6. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

I found 2 fry in the tank!! Maybe he spit enouph before he got killed. Lots of moss so hopefully i see 3 more. All might not be lost
    Megan likes this.
  7. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

Ameca splendens dropped yesterday
    SteveS likes this.
  8. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

well luck is on my side. I keep seeing more and more fry the more moss and plants i pull out. Tiny buggers. Lost the parents, but have plenty of fry. He must have spit most before he jumped to his death.
    Sean S likes this.
  9. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

After giving up on breeding hap sp. 44 thickskin and using them as dither with my neochromis omnicaeruleus they spawned, I have a holding female. hopefully she doesn't eat the eggs this time.
    SteveS likes this.
  10. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

My "festivums" fry are free swimming. I have a small ball of them . Looks 40 or more
  11. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Tropheus sp. Red free swimming too. Just pulled them out of the tumbler
    Sean S likes this.
  12. hazard

hazard Active Member

I got 20 or so fry from the Xenotilapia Ornatipinnis in a tumbler. Very small fry