What spawned for you recently?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by Marine590622, Aug 23, 2012.

1. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Marble bn pleco's. I saw a few fry on the glass today.
  2. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

Axolotl are laying eggs now.
  3. Ben A

Ben A Member

Sadly the triglachromis otostigma pair ate their eggs. Hopefully they spawn again. Last weekend I pulled about 50 lamprologus callipterus wigglers from a shell. If all goes well with them. I should be able to bap them for the April shell dwellers talk meeting.
    Megan likes this.
  4. Tom

Tom Active Member

I was lucky and my German Blue Ram pair laid eggs a few weeks ago. Today they are at day 16 of free swimming. Both parents have a 1/2 Black gene so I will get some Black Fry. This is my first time with GBR fry I am really excited about it.
    Dragon159 likes this.
  5. Tom

Tom Active Member

Sorry, each parent has One Black gene.
  6. Scott Wiersema

I have way too many axolotl larvae now. My brother took a bunch with him for him and his son.
  7. Tom

Tom Active Member

My German Blue Rams with the Black gene laid eggs again last night.
    Physarum likes this.
  8. Tom

Tom Active Member

Today my Angels Gold Male and Marble Female laid eggs on slate. Over 400 eggs. I pulled the slate with the eggs on it and put into a Gallon jar with air-bubbles and jungle fungus. The nice thing about this pair is the Female Marble has a Gold gene so I will get 50% Gold and 50% Marble fry from this pair.
    Physarum likes this.
  9. Dragon159

Dragon159 Advisory Board

Corydoras Rabutai spawning today and eggs collected. They started spawning about a month ago but kept eating eggs before I could collect.
    Physarum likes this.
  10. Ben A

Ben A Member

Geophagus Alto Sinu female holding.
    Megan and pogues like this.
  11. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

cw23 about 100 eggs on the glass, Pulled the adults.
    Sharon Page and Scott Wiersema like this.
  12. Scott Wiersema

Spanish ribbed newts laid eggs today.
    Sharon Page and Ben A like this.
  13. Tom

Tom Active Member

Both pairs of my German Blue Rams laid a nice batch of eggs today.
    Sharon Page and Megan like this.
  14. Ben A

Ben A Member

triglachromis otostigma pair holding again. I hope they don’t eat the eggs again this time around.
    Physarum likes this.
  15. Scott Wiersema

The Spanish ribbed newts eggs are hatching! They are really tiny compared to axolotl. They are a white thin ribbon about one quarter inch long.
    Physarum, JeffW and Ben A like this.
  16. Physarum

Physarum Executive Board

Pseudotropheus perspicax orange cap ndumbi (maybe) is holding. I got these from Dave's Rare Fish which I think is a pretty reputable source. However, they look nothing like Dave's pictures nor any pictures I can find online. Since they have a location, I've extensively browsed pictures of juveniles, now they are apparently mature enough to breed, and I apparently have both males and females, I'm starting to think they are something else. They have white lips and none have turned white with the orange cap. They are darker than the pics of females and juveniles I've seen, but they have similar vertical bars. Not sure. . . I might have to start posting pictures and asking around.