What spawned for you recently?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by Marine590622, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Ben A

Ben A Member

Just seen some alcolapia ndalalani fry swimming around. I will be stripping the females next time around.
    SteveS likes this.
  2. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

I just moved to Crystal white shrimp to a new tank and a female berried up.
  3. pogues

pogues Member

Golden back shrimplets, noticed a few the other day.
    SteveS likes this.
  4. Tom

Tom Active Member

Pair of Black Veil Angels laid eggs yesterday. Pulled the slate and put into a breeding jar. Now I wait 3-4 days for wigglers.
    Dragon159 likes this.
  5. Tom

Tom Active Member

Today I have wigglers. I will have to siphon them from the hatching jar and transfer them to a sponge jar then I will wait to get free swimmers and start feeding them Baby Brine Shrimp.
  6. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

I have 2 different pairs of angel fish with fry right now
  7. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

Stripped multiple females of pyxichromis orthostoma yesterday, Lord willing I will have some to bap in January.
    Physarum and SteveS like this.
  8. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

Pethia nigrofasciata. Not sure how many fry, they are smaller than my eyes.
    Physarum and SteveS like this.
  9. Tom

Tom Active Member

Tonight my Philippine Blue Ghost and Blue Zebra Veil laid eggs. I pulled the slate and put it in the hatching jar.
    Physarum likes this.
  10. Ben A

Ben A Member

Stripped a few holding alcolapia ndalalani females. I got 4 fry Sunday and 6 more today.
    Megan, Physarum and SteveS like this.
  11. Tom

Tom Active Member

I saw Super Red Pleco eggs inside a cave today. The Male is a longfin and the Female a standard Fin. This is my first time with Pleco eggs.
    Wish me Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ben A and Megan like this.
  12. Tom

Tom Active Member

The Male is doing a good job fanning the eggs.
  13. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Corydoras julii
    Glossolepis wanamensis
    Nematobrycon amphiloxus
    Poecilia reticulata Black Moscow

14. Ben A

Ben A Member

Lamprologus callipterus Are spawning. I need to start pulling shells looking for fry. Largest male made a huge spawning nest a few weeks ago for the 2 females. Today was my first day witnessing another male trying to steal the neat and females.
    Megan likes this.
  15. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

Silver angels, Apistogramma eunotus, both have a cloud of fry. Cynotilipia Lupinqu female holding. Found 1 L333 fry around 1" while doing a water change today, hoping there is more and they will breed again.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Ben A likes this.
  16. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Corydorus Sterbai wild caught parents got about 100 fry that hatched today.
    Ben A and hmglis like this.
  17. Ben A

Ben A Member

Coptodon Kottae spawned. Just saw a bunch of wigglers under a rock. Parents are doing an excellent job protecting them. Once free swimming I will siphon half of the fry out.
  18. Ben A

Ben A Member

triglachromis otostigma pair holding eggs. It’s pretty entertaining watching them take turns in holding the eggs.
    SteveS likes this.
  19. hazard

hazard Active Member

Impressive. Post if you get fry. How do you have your tank setup for them? did you do anything special for them. Like bury caves in the sand type stuff.

I had my Limnochromis Auritus hold once but they spit the fry. I believe they are both mud spawners

chris
  20. Ben A

Ben A Member

The tank they’re in has the bottom and the back painted black. I have a cichlid cave with a tiny opening and a terra-cotta pot cut in half. Every week I bury the pot with sand and they dig a tunnel. From what I’ve learned this past week from the pair. Is they like very tiny openings. I believe they spawned in the pot then moved to the cichlid cave. They took all the sand and buried it completely and managed to make the opening even smaller.