What spawned for you recently?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by Marine590622, Aug 23, 2012.

1. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

Xenotoca" doadrioi , San Marcos. Ive slowly been producing a small group. Last night was the largest drop of 5 fry . No wonder they are almost exinct from the wild. Very small drops. These i wont BAP in the club but trade with others who keep this same species to get new bloodlines added to each others groups.
    Scott Wiersema, Sean S and JeffW like this.
  2. SteveS

SteveS Advisory Board

I dont know why it posted so bold
  3. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

CW09, Almost 3 years since I got the group. found 7 fry at about 1/4 of an inch when doing a water change last night.
    Scott Wiersema, Dragon159 and SteveS like this.
  4. Marine590622

Cynotilapia "Lion" Lupingu "Purple" striped a female with wigglers with yolk sacks still attached.
    Scott Wiersema and SteveS like this.
  5. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Sripped a female cyathopharynx furcifer ruziba that held for 16 days. Have had trouble with these in the past eating the eggs and never holding past 5 days. This time heads and tails are formed still have egg sack but they can swim somewhat. They are in a colbalt tumbler hoping these ones make it.
    Scott Wiersema, Sean S and SteveS like this.
  6. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

My paradise fish spawned last weekend during 90 temps and nightly thunder storms. I noticed the bubble nest broke up two days and it seemed like the female was eating the eggs. This would explain why previous spawns produced nothing. I scooped up the eggs with a cut off 2 liter bottle. I guess there are 200. None fungused and started hatching this morning. These eggs normally float on or near surface. They are a pale amber color. This morning there are are a bunch of amber balls with tails now. I will have to raise these the hard way.
    SteveS and Dragon159 like this.
  7. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Well the C. furcifer Ruziba all made it they are now free swimming and egg sacs are almost gone. Time to think about where to put them as they grow.
    SteveS likes this.
  8. Ben A

Ben A Member

alcolapia ndalalani Female holding
    SteveS and JeffW like this.
  9. Marine590622

Nematobrycon palmeri, free swimming fry from what looks like two different spawns now that the adults are out of the tank.

Nematobrycon amphiloxus seeing spawning activity, I will move the adults this weekend and wait to see what pops up.
    Scott Wiersema and SteveS like this.
  10. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Let me know if you are going to part with the breeding group. I would be interested in borrowing or buying them.
  11. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Sorry Pat but that is my favorite fish and i will be keeping them. I will have some juvies when they grow out a little and I can tell male from female. It will be a while, I will noot let these go until they are over 2 inches.
  12. Tom

Tom Active Member

My pair of Black Veil Angels laid eggs today. I pulled the slate with the eggs and put it into a gallon jar.Now I wait 3-4 days and see if I get wigglers. :)
  13. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

26 more free swimming fry C. furcifer Ruziba, found calico bristlenose babies today, Hafferman x Harkey Pure red line shrimp babies, Red Wine panda shrimp babies, Frontosa Kigoma fry in tank with adults.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Scott Wiersema likes this.
  14. fishlady

Two of my angels paired off and spawned, I moved them and their wigglers to their own tank today. Hopefully the parents will still tend to their wigglers and a new pair will form out of the other 6 angels still left in the tank.
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Sean S and Tom like this.
  15. Tom

Tom Active Member

What kind of Angels are they?
  16. Nate V

Nate V New Member

She posted a pic under my wanted thread
  17. fishlady

I do not know. I got them at the club auction. I don't know if there is a way to look at my group auctions and find out who brought then to figure out what kind they are.
  18. fishlady

So far the parents are doing a good job in spite of being moved to a new tank.

Saw holding females today: 1 thoracochromis brauschi, and a few pyxichromis orthostoma hoping to catch and strip them tomorrow.
    Ben A and SteveS like this.
  19. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

I have zoe (baby) Amano shrimp swimming in full salt water. Boy are they tiny! They point their tails straight up.
    SteveS likes this.
  20. Marine590622

Nematobrycon amphiloxus
    Ben A likes this.