What new fish did you get today?

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by Dave, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

I got a group of Aspidoras taurus From Mike Helwig. The barbels are shaped like bull's horn. They are nice fish

I got a group Tangerine Tiger Shrimp from COSS.

I also bought a group of Hawaiian Red Shrimp Halocaridina rubra. Some of these are really dark red.
    SteveS and Sean S like this.
  2. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

A group of 9 Cyathopharynx Furcifer Ruziba about 3 inches each.
    SteveS, Scott Wiersema and Sean S like this.
  3. Physarum

Physarum Active Member

I picked up 9 super cool Xenotilapia melanogenys, a dozen Tropheus moorii moliro (red), another L66 pleco, and some sailfin mollies at the swap today. Also got what seemed like 500 Anubias nana that I've been tying to wood and planting all day. They probably only number in the 20s, but it looks like a lot and took all afternoon to put away. Megan gave me clown barbs for my birthday too!
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    SteveS, JeffW, AssassinJimmie and 2 others like this.
  4. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

Dang, I was looking for some Xenotilapia or similar at the swap and didn't see them. Ended up getting some Tropheus instead. I still need a Tanganyikan mouthbrooder BAP for Ultimate breeder.

I also got some Metriaclima lanisticola from Madtown, fancy guppies, and some great plants from Mark of Excellence plants.

Andy
    SteveS, Physarum and Sean S like this.
  5. hazard

hazard Active Member

I was good at the swap today. Only bought two 4" L128 from Peter Durkin.

I didn't see any xenos when i walked thru before it opened.
  6. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Andy I have a reverse trio of Cyathopharynx Foai Kachese they are breeder size I got from Jeff Michels a while back. They have held eggs but i didn't make time to strip or watch them closely $45.00 takes them what i paid for them.
    SteveS and Physarum like this.
  7. Physarum

Physarum Active Member

I preordered the Xenotilapia melanogenys from Peter, and they were listed as Enantiopus, but I think Xenotilapia is the most current genus. I couldn't see hardly anything on the tables it was so crowded. Aside from the mollies, which turned out to be a pair of two males, everything I got was a preorder.
  8. Dragon159

Dragon159 Member

A group of Heros efasciatus from Joe Garges
    Sean S likes this.
  9. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the offer Jeff. I already picked up the Tropheus to fill that void in my BAP points. I don't have another empty Tanganyikan tank to put them in unfortunately. But they are a really great looking fish.

I am waiting on an order from Jeff Michels for some new Gymnogeophagus so my remaining empty tanks are already spoken for.

Andy
    JeffW likes this.
  10. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Advisory Board

6 L476 grey phantoms. And 7 wild caught Aequidens. I know they are wild caught, because I caught them. IN COLOMBIA!!!!!!! (With pictures and GPS to prove it!)
  11. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

Congrats, Jeff! What a cool trip. Glad you made it out of the jungle alive. :) Share some of your pix?
  12. Aquaticus

Aquaticus Advisory Board

13. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

Enantiopus kilesa at GBAS Swap
    Aquaticus and Physarum like this.
  14. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

MadTown got its first import order in this week, one Species I will attempt to get breeders out of and keep around will be chameleon whiptails, they came in about 8 inches long so should be breeding size already. Once they settle in and go through disease irradication (one was riddled with gill flukes) I will start working on coaxing them to spawn.
    I might keep a pair of the farlowellas to try to spawn them too.

We will post a list of what we have in quarantine soon and check our YouTube later today for our unboxing video
    SteveS likes this.
  15. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Picked up 3 Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps (Sailfin Plecos) small now but get 17" These will be going into the 125's
  16. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Advisory Board

HOME IS GOOD.............. Home is good.jpg
    SteveS and Megan like this.