Reticulated Stingrays (video)

Discussion in 'Catfish and Bottom Dwellers' started by shep, Apr 14, 2012.

1. shep

shep Active Member

picked these two up thurs, got a male and a female. they are alil smaller then i was thinking, but i was quickly able to do some moving at put them in my 40 breeder for now till they are big enough to move into the 180gal.

right now they are alittle bigger then the top of a pint glass. they are eatting good for me, seem alil skittish when im around. but i picked up one of those marineland sumbmersable LED moon lights (which i really like!) so hopfully i can watch them in the dark room with out then seeing me till they get more used to me. its amazing ive gotten two fish in the past year that i thought i would never own my bucket list of fish is darn near complete.

[​IMG]
  2. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

They call them (rays) "Kings of the aquarium", its easy to see why. Wicked cool Shep! Keep us updated on them. The blue lights are really a nice way to view them without distracting them. I might have to invest in those lights.

Dusty

BTW, Click on the picture to watch the video.
  3. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Neil let me know if your going to be around on the 28th or 29th. I have to make a couple stops in Madison and to Chris's then to Beloit but I could swing by your place to pick up the stingrays you are holding for me. LOL No, I really want to see them. You should have seen the 720 gallon South American Tank set up I was looking at yesterday in Minnesota. You would have loved it. Picked up a group of 6 Veija Argentina from the guy.

Jeff
  4. shep

shep Active Member

I should be jeff no plans as of yet, let me know when it's closer. What aquarium were you at? We went to the one in the mall which was cool but the sa one wasn't stocked very well.

Dusty If you wanna stop buy and check the light out your more then welcome too I really like it, I was going to buy a 36-48 double bright but after talking with a friend I'm going to wait for the new one, they now have a built in timer that shuts the day lights off
  5. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

It was in a guys basement. Along with at least a dozen 300 gal. tanks and the rest were mere 180, 150, 125, 90, 75, 37 and a couple small tanks most of his fry were growing out in 37 gal. tanks As they get bigger they graduate to the big tanks. He did a 240 gallon water change on the 720. Took him 30 minutes to drain and 40 to fill. I will be going back soon i will take some pictures.

Jeff
  6. shep

shep Active Member

Sounds like a dream to me!!!!!
  7. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Next time i will get pictures. I didn't think about it at the time. I might pick up some chocolate cichlid from him when they get a little bigger.
  8. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Shep, are you hand feeding them. When we went to see Paul speak in Milwaukee we did a shop hop, and happened to be in a shop when they feed their salt water rays, way cool to see.
  9. shep

shep Active Member

ive tried it havent really worked hard on it, i ended up losing my female saturday morning whick sparked my post in the F/s forum
  10. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

:( Sorry to hear that, what happened? any idea?
  11. shep

shep Active Member

Not really