pat's fishroom

Discussion in 'Member's Blogs' started by fishlady, Jun 7, 2013.

1. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Going to be dividing up the anubia in the display tank this weekend. If you want to buy anubia from me this will be the best time to do so, this is when I have the best selection.
  2. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Did water changes on a couple of tanks in the fish room.
  3. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Did some water changes today. Hopefully my fish will start breeding, maybe that will spark my interest, not enjoying it right now.
  4. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

More water changes in the fishroom today.
  5. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Free Iris' if anyone wants some. My plants are getting to big and I need to thin them. Most I have planted in the ground but I also have some floating in my pond.

Not really aquatic plants but they make the yard look pretty.
  6. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Spent about 6 hours in the fish room today. Feeling discouraged because I bought a bunch of different types of plecos around the time of the last cataclysm with hopes that they would breed so I would have young fish to bap and some to donate to the cataclysm auction. None of them have bred yet and cataclysm is approaching soon.:(
  7. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Still have a lot of siberian iris' to rehome, someone told me these could be made into a pond plant but I haven't tried it yet.
  8. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Ever since we had the last cataclysm back in 2015 I have been trying to work with L # pleco's and some cory cats. So far it has been a slow die off of the L # fish, only 1 spawn, and nothing happening with the cory cats. This has been a trying 2 years to say the least. Went down to the fish room today to find the L134's all dead :mad: Feeling very frustrated.

Thinking I should go back to working with african cichlids.
  9. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

That sucks, Pat, those are awesome plecos, I hope you have some success with the others!
  10. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Finally got around to doing this and ended up sending 44 plants to the rockford swap. display tank looks a lot different with the plants cut back, I can actually see the fish.
  11. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Water changes in the fish room today. I hope the cories and pleco's like their new water. I think it was gross, all green with things wiggling in it. Maybe they will like the gross water enough to start breeding. I also added a powerhead in the sterbai tank. Both display tanks got fresh tap water changes and the fish seem happy for the water change.
    Tom likes this.
  12. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

It's raining today. I think I will do water changes and see what happens.
  13. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

I tried to make a video of today's water changes because I was simulating a rain storm while it was raining outside. Video worked on my camera but I somehow screwed it up trying to get it onto my computer and only ended up with sound so I will try to describe it the best I can. I was running rain water down to my barrel in the basement, then pumping it into my tanks that I just siphoned down about 1/2 way. While I was doing this I had a led light on top of the tanks that was strobbing because the power supply is going. After all of that I turned the regular tank light back on, heaters back on and fed a very healthy dose of blackworms. If that doesn't simulate a rain storm I don't what else will. HOPEFULLY the fish will breed now.
    Sean S likes this.
  14. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Moved the clown loaches out of the display tank today and into there own tank. Lots of driftwood, anubia, and set up with a strong powerhead on one end of the tank behind some poret foam. They went from tap to a 50/50 mix of tap and rain. Planning on transitioning them over to 100% rain water. I know that it is a hail mary of fish breeding but I at least want to give it a try.
    AssassinJimmie and Sean S like this.
  15. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

water changes today on some of the tanks. Ran rain water down to the barrel in the basement and it overflowed, good thing it's concrete and has lots of drains.
  16. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Today's projects: Cover Central air unit (check)
    Drain junk out of hot water heater ( check)
    Clean dryer vent from lint trap all the way to outside (check)
    If you haven't done any of these you might want to consider it, especially the dryer vent. You don't want to lose everything due to a house fire that could be prevented. If you need help let me know.
    terry likes this.
  17. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Did a couple rain water tank water changes. Had to switch one of the 20's from a rain water tank to a tap tank for holding fry. Noticed a Dimidiochromis compressicep holding, I think she has been holding for about 1 week.
    Sean S likes this.
  18. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

Saw we were suppose to get rain tonight so I did water changes in the fishroom today. Hope it works.