pat's fishroom

Discussion in 'Member's Blogs' started by fishlady, Jun 7, 2013.

1. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Water changes done on the rain water tanks again today. Rain barrel froze before I could get more water down to the basement. I guess I will have to wait till it warms up to get more rain water again.
  2. fishlady

Got more rain water ran down to the basement today.

My 1 and only remaining display tank (55 gallon) is over run with MTS. So I have removed all but the guppies and gobies, and added 3 pea puffers, 3 spotted Raphael, 1 striped Raphael, and 2 clown loaches. I tried to catch and move as many of the assassin snails out of the tank first so they wouldn't get eaten. Hoping for the best and that I can get this tank back from the dreaded snails and back to being a display tank.
  3. fishlady

All the tap water tanks in the basement got a major water change today. Tomorrow hopefully I can get the rainwater tanks done.
  4. fishlady

Replaced some of the led lights on the tanks with full spectrum ones. The fish started acting differently right away, better color, wanting to spawn, I am glad I made the switch.

Making a list of what I need to bring to the meeting this weekend, and just realized I haven't been to a meeting in 6 months or more :(. I think winter is just getting to hard on me.
    If I am suppose to be bringing something to the meeting for you, please send me a message and remind me.
  5. fishlady

tanks either got a water change or topped off with cooler water tonight. Hopefully with it snowing and the cooler water some spawning will start happening in the fish room.
  6. fishlady

Just sent some fish to Madison with Troy. They are being taken to Animart for store credit. Haven't traded fish in with Animart since they moved from being over on High Crossing. I will be curious to see what I get for credit for 6 Pyxichromis orthostoma fry and 7 adult silver angels. This will be a trial run to see if I will continue to trade in fish with them or not.
  7. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

Be interested in hearing what you get.
  8. fishlady

I was very impressed with the credit they gave me
    Megan likes this.
  9. fishlady

Took the fish I borrowed from "madtown" back today so now I have some empty tanks to work with. Heading to the swap tomorrow with Sarah. Perhaps they won't stay empty for long ;)
  10. fishlady

With the fish that I bapped at the meeting today, I should now have all the C and D spawns that I need to advance to Grand Master 4. Now I just need lots of points.
    Thank you Randy for the use of the parents to get the spawn.

Now, what to breed to get points?????