pat's fishroom

Discussion in 'Member's Blogs' started by fishlady, Jun 7, 2013.

1. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

IF I place a order would anyone else be interested in getting fish? Would actually prefer someone else makes the order/picking up at airport and I just add to the order what I want.
    Here's why: 1. I have never ordered fish before. 2. I would have to find someone to take me to the airport as I hate driving anywhere near Milwaukee much less into it and the airport. 3. I just had surgery and I am suppose to be taking it easy, so it's probably not the best time to be doing this.
    Ben A likes this.
  2. fishlady

I will probably place a order next month (assuming I am feeling better by then) if anyone else is interested let me know. He has a new updated list posted on his fb page.
  3. fishlady

Did some water changes today. Probably over worked myself since I am suppose to be taking it easy till I heal.
    The 20's with the rain water that only have the pleco's in them to breed are boring to watch since all the pleco's do is hide. Looking for fish I can put in with them.
    The 75 with the pyxichromis orthostoma, bn, and synodontis eupterus started looking pretty lively after doing a water change. Pyxichromis male was chasing everyone and colored up nicely, some of the synodontis were bumping each other and fighting over a large bamboo tube (need to get more of those)

Will hopefully do water changes on some of the other tanks tomorrow. The sexifaciatus looked like they might have formed a pair, so hopefully a water change will get them breeding.
  4. rbk

rbk Member

Pat,
    I have a nice variety of pea-size P. Scalare Angelfish from three different spawns. They would be fine with your Plecos. They will like the soft water. They are all eating a variety of flake food, it just needs to be in small pieces. Genes you can expect: Dark, Hybrid Dark, Zebra, Veil, Smokey, Gold Ghost, Golf Marble ghost. It is possible that some are Gold Marble Blushers(Koi). Let me know if you are interested.
  5. fishlady

I already have angels but thanks
  6. fishlady

I have been going back and forth about getting some fish and have decided I really want the white band tropheus. This will require a order from Anthony, who we have been discussing here. I will be wanting to get the fish around Thanksgiving.

I am still wanting to get featherfins and some more cyps but can't make up my mind which ones to get. Input as to what would have the best chance of selling fry if I should get them to breed would be helpful.

So in the mean time I will have to sell some of my fish and/or supplies to come up with the money to get the tropheus I want.
    The fish that I will have for sale are: Lower Rio Xingu plecos $200 for group 5 breeders and 5 juvies (best guess), 7 silver angels have laid eggs once for sure that I know of (best offer) , Hap Brownae breeders or juvies (best offer), 1 blue discus $50, and cory sterbai (pending sale on the sterbai) I have a few fish that will be free to good home as well. I want to get those out of the old display tank, they are female protolamas annectan, female red empress, male vic, male hap brownae.
    Not sure what all I have left for supplies so just shoot me a pm if you looking for something and I will see if I have it.

Not to much happening in the fish room. I was suppose to get 3 new groups of fish a while ago but so far that hasn't happened yet. One group never got sent, one group most of the fish died already and the other group is down 2 fish but still doing ok as far as I know. They however haven't made it to my tanks yet. Hopefully soon. If anyone will be going to Jeff's (aquaticclarity) anytime soon and would be willing to get my fish for me I would appreciate it. I still can't go anywhere as I am having problems recovering from surgery last month, another reason that not much is happening in the fish room.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018 at 8:35 PM