pat's fishroom

Discussion in 'Member's Blogs' started by fishlady, Jun 7, 2013.

1. fishlady

fishlady Well-Known Member

Played tank tetris and now I have a empty 55 over 33xl set up I can sell.
  2. fishlady

Not much happening with the fishroom right now. Having our bathroom remodeled currently. Due to it being structurally unsound and totally out of code getting it fixed correctly has put the project way over budget. So I am needing to sell whatever I can to help cover the cost. Please feel free to make reasonable offers on whatever I have that you might be interested in purchasing.
  3. fishlady

The 5' acrylic tank has left the fishroom and is on it's way to it's new home. Now the only tanks running are the 5 20 highs and a 33xl in the basement and the 2 display tanks in the living room.
  4. fishlady

Water changes today, hoping that doing water changes the same time as it's raining out will get some breeding going.
  5. fishlady

water changes, fish tetris, set up a 55 that I had sitting empty and hooked up the larger pump again.
  6. fishlady

Water changes today.
  7. fishlady

Won't have internet for a couple of months so if you need to reach me please call or text 920 674 5719
  8. fishlady

Getting internet back on my computer tommorow so I can start posting again. I am going to set up some more tanks. I need to get my stress level down
  9. fishlady

All the tanks got their water changes today. The 55 in the living room I had to change the water 3 times and it still smells bad, not sure what's up with that. Sat outside with a ice cream bucket 1/3 of the way full with snails and attempted to pick out the assassin snails so they could go back into the tank and I could dispose of the rest. That was not a fun job and they smelled nasty. It seems very weird to me to be able to get all the tanks done in one day. I was so use to it being like a full time job and taking up most of my time.
    Sean S likes this.
  10. fishlady

How would I best go about getting some vic's that aren't already in the area and having them shipped to my house?
    On a VERY tight budget.
    I am just trying to get up to my grandmaster 4, vic's breed quickly, and get some fish into the club and hopefully try to re coop some of the cost by selling the fry.
    I don't plan on going after ultimate breeder and will probably just have either no tanks or only a very few with just some species that really need help with preserving, provided I have a outlet for the fry so I don't get over run.

Would appreciate any helpful advice.
    Sean S likes this.
  11. fishlady

^^^^^^^^^^^^ answers would be nice.

Water changes done today. Used up the last of my rain water so hopefully it will ran soon.
  12. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

I have no answers.
  13. fishlady

Have decided for my sanity's sake to set the fish room back up. I need a place to escape to when the daughter/grand kids get me upset (which is all the time)
  14. Tom

Tom Active Member

Will you be needing any new fish when you get it set up?
  15. fishlady

eventually yes. I think it's going to be a bit before I will need more fish. I am already getting a bunch at the august meeting.
  16. fishlady

Hoping to be able to set up one of ted's racks next week with a 50 frag tank on the top, 50 low bow in the middle and 4 20 longs on the bottom. Won't have the 20 longs till later in the month but wanted to give you a idea of what is going on the rack. Not sure exactly what to move into them yet. Still thinking this through. The next set of tanks after that will be 2 75 gallons. 1 or both with be for tangs (tropheus, Cyathopharynx furcifer, cyprichromis leptosoma,) I know those 3 I want to work with for sure.

17. fishlady

Got some of the plaster and lathe down today. Found a whole bunch of funky wiring that I am going to have to get fixed. We also found that one of the intakes to the HVAC system isn't actually connected to the actual vent for it. So lots of fixing to be done, puts a big monkey wrench in getting the tanks set up before the meeting. Any electricians in the club that would like to help me out?
  18. fishlady

got 2 75 gallons today from Scott (thank you). So tomorrow I am hoping to get one of the 75's and a 50 gallon set up. The 50 is a frag tank that is drilled so I have to decide if I will just have it overflow into the 75 and then have a pump in the 75 to pump water back up to the 50 or if I am going to cap off the overflow and just run sponge filters. Thoughts? Pro's and Con's? I will have fish in both tanks.
  19. fishlady

Looking through my post and seeing that most of them have zero replies. No wonder I don't feel like I belong to the club. I pay my membership, try to contribute, try to buy from members before looking elsewhere and still feel like a outsider or that I have somehow been blackballed.
  20. Megan

Megan Advisory Board Staff Member

Pat - it isn't you, the forum just isn't as active as it used to be. Facebook is sort of taking over social media.