October 2017 Meeting- Auction is up, What are you bringing?

Discussion in 'Upcoming MAAH Events' started by Sean S, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

Hello,

The October meeting is fast approaching- Come join us at the Hody for Mike Hellweg's presentation on Bettas (not splendens) and then add something new to your tank at our monthly auction.

The auction is up at mygroupauctions.com so feel free to add your items!

The BAP race is heating up as Steve passed me at Catfish Cataclysm and there is plenty of time for others to get in the race for Breeder of the Year- the 20 tanks and under category looks to be a tough race this year.

And don't forget about GARP, this month's theme is Harvest Festival Mogul! +2 points per plant lot submitted that sells for $5.00+ so bring in those high value plants and your pocketbooks as all the gardener's try to bring in their best!

There will be at least one CARES species in the auction as well as I have Haplochromis brownae BAP fish to bring in. So if you want to get involved in maintaining a rare species stop in and grab a group.

I will have the aforementioned Haplochromis brownae for BAP, I may have Labeotropheus trewavasae 'ochre Chilumba' as well but I don't think they will be big enough this month. I will definitely have some plants as well just not sure what yet and may bring in some additional fish.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    Mike F likes this.
  2. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Ah, finally after several years of trying to breed these was able to get a pair and keep them alive and breed these , Amatitlania Nanoluetea aka , the gold convict or nano lutes. Smallest central American cichlid. These guys max at 2.5 for males. 1.75 for girls. If you like dwarf cichlids that won't tear up a planted tank, these are for you. 10 to 20 gallons is plenty of room for these guys. Softer water to keep these alive and breed them. 6.5 to 7.2. Well worth the work as they are absolute stunning fish. I'll bring all I have from the first batch. 10 plus fish. Keep them around. CARES.

GIRIDINAS METALLICUS . The Heavy Metal livebearer. Males only get 3/4 inch. Female 2 inch. Very active and fun to watch. They have blue metallic eyes even at fry stage.

Planiborus sp. Not sure which one this BAP. I breed 3 color forms. Maybe just the brown this time. I breed these in snail only tanks or fry tanks . I have brown, red, leopard and giant ramshorns. These all will keep your fry tanks spotless. For all those involed in the BAP , give these a try. They can breed in any setup with fish that wont eat them. Easy 5 points except the giants which arent as prolific but still 5 points. These are all linebred snails and not a nuscence snail. Keep these separate from your other snail tanks.
  3. fishlady

fishlady Advisory Board

bap: L199 I might bring some anubia if no one else is.
    SteveS likes this.
  4. tjudy

tjudy Advisory Board Staff Member

I will be bringing quite a bit to donate... need to clean some tanks out. All depends upon how much time I have that Saturday to bag. Here are the most likely

Plants:
    Alternanthera reinecki
    Juncus repens
    Staurogyne repens
    Hydrocotyl tripartita
    Eleocharis sp. 'mini'
    Anubias... several flavors
    Some mosses
    Crypts
    swords

Fish:
    Pelvicachroms pulcher - wild pairs (two different locations)
    Pelvicachromis roloffi
    Pel. drachenfelsi
    Pel. kribensis 'Moliwe'
    Amatitlania siquia
    Limia perugiae
    Skiffia bilineata
    Poecilia ornamental - green tiger and green tiger albino
    Poecilia wingei black bar endler
    Green neons
    Hyhess. loretoensis
    Hemichromis cf. lifilili Moanda
    Nanostomus mortenthaleri
    Nanostomus eques
    Aphyosemion bitaeniatum
    Aphysemion punctatum
    Aphysemion primeginium
    misc tetras
    misc catfish or two
    Trachelyopterus fisheri catfish
  5. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Limia perugiae. One of the coolest limia. I have a group also. Hope they all go good. Nice list Ted. Gonna have to plug this on on social media
  6. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Does anyone know if our speaker is bringing betta to sell? Ive found an interest in these fish latley.
  7. LZimm

LZimm New Member

The Stevens Point Ichthyology and Aquarium Science Society has a lot of juvies that we need to get rid of. We're donating them all. I've been tasked with bringing a lot of jewel cichlids, Bumble bee cichlids, and convicts. (yeah, I know, feeders)
    SteveS and Sean S like this.
  8. Mike F

Mike F Executive Board

Well...probably... But hey, never know! And donations are always welcome!
    SteveS and LZimm like this.
  9. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

My group Auctions is pretty bare people- lets get those items in there early so people can prep tanks and we can save time on meeting day!

Less than a week from Bettas- not splendens by the legendary Mike Hellwig. I'm excited, are you?

Looked at my Labeotropheus trewavasae 'ochre Chilumba' and they are ready to BAP this month. I gotta keep up with Steve!

Still have to go through my plants to see what I can bring in for GARP.

Invite your friends and neighbors and fish geeks everywhere- lets pack the Hody!
    SteveS likes this.