New Forum

Discussion in 'Web Site and Forum' started by tjudy, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

The new flag to the top left of a post? I think that is just for a new posting. I like the Duke setting.
  2. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Thanks, I have been slowly tweeking them.
  3. followyourshadow

followyourshadow Advisory Board Staff Member

I think someone higher up switch some stuff around for us :D I can change it the way Randy described now :D
  4. Natives2WI

Natives2WI Well-Known Member

Ok, so I tested a few more things with my tablet and the only way to actually type in a message is to start a new thread. Responding to a thread will bring up the response area, but will not allow me to type. I know it isn't the tablet because I can type responses on several other forums with it.
  5. tjudy

tjudy Executive Board Staff Member

I am going to ask that we hold off on trying to fix a lot with the forum until Josh gets back from his vacation. I am not comfortable yet with the settings, and would rather not risk doing something I cannot reverse until Josh is around to help solve the problem.
  6. Dave

Dave Moderator Staff Member

I think we just need to compile a list of "fixes" in the meantime.
  7. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hey everyone - Josh here. Ready and willing to help troubleshoot whatever issues we're having with the forums/website. Let me know here or by sending me a PM/"conversation" through the forum
  8. followyourshadow

followyourshadow Advisory Board Staff Member

I've run out of smilies to use. I needs me more smilies! LOL
  9. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Hi Josh,
    I have a question. My computer locked up when I was trying to send a message to someone. When it unlocked I had sent the same message 8 times. I tried to find a delete this message button but could not find one. Is there a way to delete these messages? It could be I just missed it but Sometimes it is easier to ask for directions. As long as my wife isn't sitting next to me. LOL Just copied this from the other link.

Thanks
    Jeff
  10. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

Randy or Ted, I appreciate that you changed the background color to dark and the text to light on the forum for me (I see it when I login). It's much easier on the eyes. However I do have problems reading quotes and text in the avatar boxes. Here is an example below. As you can see I have no idea what is in the quote box and can barely read ted's avatar text. Any way you can adjust those colors too?
    MAAH forum quote.JPG
  11. Marine590622

Hmmm. I can use that post to see if I can tweek the colors. Thanks for pointing that one out.
  12. Marine590622

Andy you are using the MAAH Revised template. I switched one session to that and then played around with the color pallet to try and develope a better set of contrasts on a darker background. I like the way it looks now, and I can still read the quotes. How about you, is this better?
  13. Narwhal72

Still difficult to see the text but the background color is fine. It's all the light blues and greens in the text that I can't see on a light background. Here is another example. MAAH forum avatar.JPG Is it possible to make the text one color in the context of a forum post and another color under an avatar?

Andy
  14. Marine590622

Ok this should be better.
  15. Narwhal72

Much Better Thank you!
  16. Tara

Tara Member

Anyone else NOT liking the background color??? To dark in my opinion, Its difficult to read. Tara.
  17. aquaticclarity

aquaticclarity Well-Known Member Staff Member

Yes...but I don't think there is an option out there that will make us all happy. But the light blue does drive me nuts as it looks very choppy with white boxes, light grey text in places, etc.
  18. Narwhal72

I think we are all seeing different colors. Mine is a very dark violet. I like the light gray text as it has nice contrast and shows up well.
    I like it much better than a white background with black letters as it is very blinding when your looking at it for extended periods.

Andy
  19. Marine590622

Tara what template are you using?
  20. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

There use to be a option to view your post. I am not finding it on this forum. Do we have this option and if so where is it?