loaning these out for breeding

Discussion in 'Foster home' started by SteveS, Oct 24, 2016.

1. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

I have some fish for club members to try their hands in breeding and are active or want to begin our BAP program . All of adult fish or young adult in perfect breeding quality and conditioned on high quality foods and conditions. All these I have spawned here. I will also lend out a trap tank for people that want to try the barbs or other methods I use I will share.
    1 pr. Barbodes Semifasciolatus(gold barb)
    pethyia padamya 1 pr.(odessa barb)
    Pundamilia neyereri python island 1m3f
    Hap sp. 44 1m2f
    Corydoras aeneus bronze longfin 2m3f
    Cichlasoma Dimerus 1 pr
    Rocio octofaciatus ( jack dempsey pr.). The barbs I have 5 and 10 gallon traps I can loan out. All that is needed is a place to keep parents seperate ( even a 2.5 gallon with a divider) so you can condition them and so they don't spawn lol.
    The victoria cichlids I breed in ten gallon tanks at small size . They are still young at 2.5 inch so not much space needed yet. Bigger is needed though as they grow. The jacks a 30 gallon is sufficient . They are young adults but will eventually turn into large fish. I can give dither fish also as the female is rough on the male after she lays eggs but he does help look after the fry after they hatch. The Dimerus are older adults. 30 gallon is minimal size. 55 is better. Peaceful pr. They raise fry up with for 3 months. After that point the parents get tired of them being around.

All is ask is when done growing out fry to donate the adults to someone else that wants to try or to our club auctions. The traps can be sent along to the next person who wants to try or returned to me. Please do not sell the adults as I am offering these for breeding experience for any member. You can do what you want for any fry produced of course. I'll be having plenty more species coming soon that I will adopt out.

Either meeting delivery or pick up. All are B class fish except the jack dempsey. They are A class.
  2. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Adding another group of breeders for BAP loan . Lima nigrofasciata . 1 male 3 female. Easy livebearer now that they are grown up and productive. 5 gallon tank is sufficient
    Sean S likes this.
  3. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Limia and pundamilia nyererei spoken for
  4. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Gold and odessa barbs spoken for. I can bring what is left to January meeting
  5. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

Another species to loan out. Nimbochromis venustus . Large adult pair. Needs minimum of a 75 gallon or bigger. Can be kept with other haps, peacocks or mbuna except other nimbochromis as they crossbreed. Female needs hiding spots from the male . Probably 9 inch male 8 inch female. He hasn't killed other types of malawi . Only other male venustus and his females. Can be extremely aggressive when breeding towards females that's why the large tank with hiding spots or other types of fish to distract him after spawning. These are a C class fish all you BAP people
  6. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

Limia nigrofasciata are now available to be loaned out to the next person, one adult female, 2 adult males and a bunch that are nearly adults (subdominant males will delay development so not sure on sexes, one of the "females" Steve originally listed was a male)
    Tom likes this.
  7. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

If no one contacts me by Saturday's meeting I will just throw the group up for auction, I need to free up the tank space.
    Tom likes this.
  8. Mike F

Mike F Executive Board

I've got space and haven't bred them yet if you want to bring them with you tomorrow
    Sean S likes this.
  9. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

They are yours
  10. John Lambing

John Lambing Executive Board

Greetings Sean,

If you still have those bronze longfin corys, I'd love to take a crack at spawning them.
  11. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

John those were Steve's not mine, but he can respond as to whether or not they have been loaned out
  12. John Lambing

John Lambing Executive Board

Oh, LOL, I see my mistake. I'll message Steve directly if he doesn't see this. Thanks.