Holiday Party 2019! Please RSVP!

Discussion in 'Upcoming MAAH Events' started by Physarum, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Physarum

Physarum Executive Board

Hi Everyone,

John and I are hosting the MAAH Holiday Party at our house in Madison on December 21st at 5:00 pm. I'll be making cheesy vegetable soup (vegetarian) and Chili Verde with pinto beans (vegan until you put cheese on it) with cornbread. The club will provide non-alcoholic beverages, and we ask that everyone bring a dish to pass. Please bring some non-vegetarian items to compensate for my not knowing any meat dishes!

Also, bring a wrapped gift if you'd like to participate in a white elephant gift exchange.

Our address is 4501 Hamlet Circle, Madison WI 53714
    If you don't like dogs, or particularly pitbulls, please let me know in advance so I can come up with other arrangements for our two.

Please RSVP in this thread with the number of guests and the dish you plan to bring. Hope to see you there!
  2. If anyone is interested in live cultures (Mirco worms, Walter worms or Banana worms) please let me know and I will bring you a culture. My Christmas gift to all of you! I will be bringing Barbecue Meatballs. There will be a total of 3 guests.
    Physarum likes this.
  3. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

I could bring the cornbread as I was going to provide that for my family's Thanksgiving and my niece-in-law decided that she wanted to bring it.
    I will bring a meat entree, but not sure what.
    Just me.
    Physarum likes this.
  4. Tigerlady

Tigerlady Executive Board

Randy and I will be attending. We will bring a broccoli cauliflower salad.
    Physarum likes this.
  5. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

I will plan on coming if I can find a ride, I can't drive in the dark, I will plan on bringing a couple bags of chips so if I can't make it your not out a dish.
    Physarum likes this.
  6. Aqua-b

Aqua-b Member

Lexie and I will be attending. We are also vegetarians. I have to talk to her to see what we are going to bring, but I’m thinking maybe corn salad.
    Physarum likes this.
  7. Physarum

Physarum Executive Board

With the party only a week away, I'd like to remind everyone planning on attending to please RSVP in this thread. Also, here are the rules for the gift exchange. We've had a ton of neat things come through in previous years, and it has been a lot of fun.

How the Gift Exchange Game Works

To participate in the gift exchange game, bring a wrapped gift of no more then $25.00 in value (gag gifts are also allowed and even encouraged).

Once the number of gifts is determined, numbered slips of paper #1 – through the number of gifts are placed in a bowl and each person who brought a gift draws a number.

In the first round, the person who has #1 picks out a gift and opens it so everyone can see what it is. The round ends.

In the second round, the person who has #2 gets the choice of “stealing” the first unwrapped gift OR choosing a wrapped one from the table. If the person with #2 steals the gift from the person with #1, then the person with #1 must choose and open another wrapped gift. The round ends.

In subsequent rounds the player with the next number will take their turns, they either select a new gift or take any already opened gift from any of the other players. Any player who has had their gift stolen, may steal from a previous player OR may choose a wrapped gift from the table.

The game continues with the following rules:

If someone steals the gift you chose, you can steal a gift from someone else or choose and open a wrapped one from the table. The round continues until there is a new gift chosen from the table.

The game continues in this manner until everyone who has a number has had a turn for a gift and there are no more gifts on the table.

A gift can only be stolen once during a round. If a gift is stolen from someone during one round, they cannot take it back during that same round. They can, however, steal it back during a later round if they are in the position to select a gift.

A gift can only be stolen 3 times during the game. Once the gift has been stolen 3 times during the game, the gift is retired and can not be stolen again.

After all the wrapped gifts are open, the person with #1 is given the opportunity to exchange the gift they received with one of the other gifts. The game ends.
  8. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

WARNING!!!! I am coming. I will bring mustardy shrimp stuff. And beer. And maybe some silly gifty thing if I can find one. No promises.
    Physarum likes this.
  9. Jerry Wallendal

Jerry Wallendal New Member

I'm planning to be there. Not sure what I am bringing yet
    Physarum likes this.
  10. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

I might not be there after all as my mom had an accident.
  11. Physarum

Physarum Executive Board

Well, now it's a party.
  12. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

I will not be able to attend.
  13. Last Call for Worms....I have Banana, Walter and Micro. Please reply if you would like me to bring you a culture.