Hobby tips

Discussion in 'General Freshwater Aquarium Keeping' started by fishlady, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Elise

Elise Active Member

Do you have problems with fish accepting frozen/thawed repashy? It seems like it never works well for me for some reason, it gets kind of mushy and the fish just look at it.
  2. TANK

TANK Active Member

No problems everything here shrimp/plecos/angels/guppies/African cichlids all eat it with no problems the shrimp devour it.
  3. JeffW

JeffW Well-Known Member

Elise if they don't take it after it has been thawed just make less. I just make up enough to feed fish for a week then make more. My fish don't care for it thawed out either.
  4. Elise

Elise Active Member

Yeah, that's been my strategy. I was kind of hoping I was doing something wrong though, and it could be fixed :)
  5. AssassinJimmie

AssassinJimmie Chris B

I was recently thinking about the best way to remove the methylene blue from a fry cup without disturbing the fry. I knew the eggs where about to hatch so I had put a big chunk of Java moss in the cup. I went to look in the cup and the water was clear, and the Java moss was blue. Just like experiments you do as a kid with celery and food dye and stuff like that the Java moss just sucked up the blue. Now I'm curious what will happen to the blue moss.
  6. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

I imagine it will return to green over time.
  7. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

I know there has to be some more tips out there, don't be stingy with them we are all friends here ;)
  8. Tom

Tom Active Member

I am new to this hobby. But my tip (which helps me) is keep my hands clean when ever I do anything with or around my tanks. Keeps my fish healthy.
    Aquaticus likes this.
  9. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

Any other tips?
  10. bahamafj11

bahamafj11 Well-Known Member

Don't clean tanks too much. Fish like it yucky.
  11. fishlady

fishlady Executive Board

If you have fish that needs tiny food you can use a coffee grinder to make pellet food into very small pieces that small fish can eat.