Corydoras roll call – who has what in this club?

Discussion in 'Catfish and Bottom Dwellers' started by duxallinarow, Feb 17, 2013.

1. RMC

RMC Member

I'm dropping your speaker off next Saturday, and I'm from Milwaukee, - this is Rob from MAS. I'll have C. ehrhardti, C. aeneus longfin, and a few Aspidoras spilotus available then if you want. Should have lots of Aspdoras spilotus, Aspidoras C118, C. weitzmani, C. sterbai, and a few C. metae available in a few months. I'll probably have my little girl with me at the meeting, but I should have a little time to chat. Otherwise PM me or ask away! Matt Schauer - NBM aquatics should be your go to source - Frank has passed the torch to him. I'm just a hobbyist, but I'll gladly help spread cory addiction!
  2. RMC

RMC Member

Here's some fun pics, crappy res. taken with my iphone, but you get the idea.

[​IMG]
    C. sterbai momma, eggs in fins
    [​IMG]
    C. metae momma, you can see the eggs better, Where should I put these?

[​IMG]

What Corydoras concolor can be - that's a male, wild caught from aquatic clarity, natural longfin!

[​IMG]
    A city of 1 week old C. aeneus
    duxallinarow and Cinnamonsticks like this.
  3. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

Very cool, I travel for work and sometimes end up overnighting in the Milwaukee area, The next time that occurs can I give you a shout and see if you are available for a fish room visit?
  4. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

Yeah me too!
  5. Narwhal72

Narwhal72 Well-Known Member

I got some Corydoras robinae today. Pretty rough but I might end up with 4-6 of them after they quarantine.

Also got some C. melanistus as contaminants. Didn't really want em but waddyagonnado?
  6. RMC

RMC Member

C. robinae are supposed to be pretty tough to breed right? I gotta look at your C. melanistus, I've seen 5 different fish with that label at the LFS's - lol. One was C. trilineatus! I think a lot of them were C. brevirostris and C. agassizii, so if you have real melanistus maybe if I see them I can be a smarter shopper!
  7. Narwhal72

One of the toughest cory's to breed because they bury their eggs in the sand at night. If you don't get them out before first light they will eat them.

Unfortunately they don't ship well and from the looks of it I am going to lose them all. Only three still kicking this morning and they are pale and listless.

The melanistus type look good though and I will take some pics later. Did some quick checking in the Aqualog last night and that was the best match. Could be C. brevirostris too. Very similar fish. Definitely not C. agassizi or C. trilineatus.

Also of the three remaining mystery cory's I picked up at Hoffer's last month it looks like I have two species. One looks like a variant of C. leopardus with smaller spots. The other looks like the true C. julii (not trilineatus). Unfortunately I only have the one of those.

Andy
  8. RMC

RMC Member

Sorry to hear that Andy. Where did you order them from or buy them if you don't mind my asking? I'm always looking for corys online and I haven't seen C. robineae for sale anywhere.
  9. Narwhal72

Segrest has/had them.
  10. RMC

RMC Member

I'm sensing a pattern - the only Corys I ever ordered form Segrest died on the first day too. Wonder why it's such a problem, I usually have really good luck with all the other sources I've used.
  11. mlaursen

mlaursen Advisory Board

I've been trying to get oyopoks for some time, I got twelve a while back from aqua is that all melted on me

Michael
  12. Narwhal72

IME some fish just don't ship well no matter where you get them. C. robinae are one of them. They are a high oxygen species and cool temperature, from what I understand, which is always tough. Plus they are so starved because they haven't eaten in weeks that they are just weak. I think this was my third attempt to get them from Segrest. Previous ones were mostly DOA.

I lost a bunch of other fish from this shipment overnight too so there may have been problems with the shipment that made things worse too.

Andy
  13. Cinnamonsticks

Cinnamonsticks Moderator

I need more tanx so I can get more cory.
    JohnH likes this.
  14. Tom

Tom Active Member

C. Panda
    C. Sterbai
    C. Albino
  15. Tyler Richter

Tyler Richter New Member

Just C. Habrosus at the moment, I used to have C. Paleatus, but I traded them in when I redid my 29G (Which now has about 20 Habrosus!)