Can we see your tank setups?

Discussion in 'MAAH Social Forum' started by Sharon Page, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Sharon Page

Sharon Page Member

Hi all,

My husband Kevin and I are new members from McFarland (2 houses outside Madison) who currently have 3 planted and stocked tanks: 10g, 50g, 55g.

We are trying to find out if we want to expand, and how much. We thought it would be fun to visit a few other club members in the Madison area to see how they have things set up. For instance, at what point do people switch to having a fish room and an automatic WC system? How is a breeder tank set up differently from a display tank?

We'd enjoy being able to stop in for half an hour some weekend to check out how people have their tanks set up. No tidying up required--we want to see a "typical" setup as it looks on a normal basis. Any number of tanks would be of interest--we're hoping to see a range, from maybe 5 tanks to 50+.

If you're willing to show off your tanks to us, please shoot us an email: sharonpagey@gmail.com. As a thank-you we plan to arrive with the take-out of your choice. :)

Thanks!
  2. Rick

Rick Member

In my case it was an EVOLUTION not a REVOLUTION. Before I knew it I had a little over 100 tanks. I have scaled back over the last few years. I think I have about 80 now. Many 2.5, 5,and 10 gallon tanks. I breed mainly killifish, so almost all of my tanks are bare, unheated, and with a sponge filter. If you can dedicate a room in the basement, that would be the way to go. of course ambient temperature is a big factor. This is just the tip of the fish room "Iceberg"
    Sharon Page likes this.
  3. Sharon Page

Sharon Page Member

Thanks for writing, Rick. Killifish seem to be really addictive, and they are great because you can have the smaller tanks with no heaters. I found a website of a couple in Holland that have 160 Killifish tanks set up throughout their house: http://www.alfanita.se/fishroom.htm.
    Tom likes this.