Buenos Aires Tetra

Discussion in 'All Other Fish' started by Courtney, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Courtney

Courtney New Member

Hi, sorry, this is my first time here, so hopefully I'm posting in the right spot. To make a long story shorter, I purchased some Buenos Aires tetras a few months ago and made the mistake of trusting what I was told, which is that they only need a 10 gallon tank. I have a 15, but it is pretty clearly not enough for these beautiful fish. I will do my homework in the future. In the meantime, I've been trying to help, and have lost four of them from stress nipping and bullying by the largest fish. He's the only one left. I don't want to get more of these tetras now, since I don't think they are a good fit for my smaller aquarium, but I also don't want to leave him in there alone. I would like to either re-home him or find a some alternative fishes that he could live with. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

Come to our meeting on Saturday! You could bag the fish up and place him in our auction. Some of our members, I think already have schools of them in larger tanks. And you should be able to find some new fish for your aquarium that would be appropriate for the size of your tank. Plus you will be able to get advice about keeping what you get from the member who placed them ( likely bred them) in the auction.
  3. Scott Wiersema

Scott Wiersema Executive Board

I agreed they n aged a larger aquarium. They need plans but also are agressive.
  4. Courtney

Courtney New Member

Do you know where I can get some bags? Last time, I just moved all my fish around in a bucket. Sounds like it could be fun :)
  5. terry

terry Member

Courtney I have some extra bags you can have. If you want to come get them I am on the east side of Madison by Ella's Deli and Ice Cream Parlor.
  6. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

We also sell bags at the meeting for members.
  7. Courtney

Courtney New Member

Sorry I couldn't make it in time to pick some up. I'll find something