Bought milk?

Discussion in 'MAAH Social Forum' started by Marine590622, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

If you live in Wisconsion and have purchased milk from 2003 to present you are entitled to a recovery under a class action settlement.

Go to WWW.boughtmilk.com
    AreYouKiddingMe likes this.
  2. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

$45 to $70 will go a long way at a fish auction.
    Not sure everything works correctly, I entered my info and got a broken link page
  3. AreYouKiddingMe

AreYouKiddingMe Active Member

i entered mine and got a you will be emailed with your claim
  4. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

It worked when I used Chrome, Explorer may not work (especially the out dated version I have at work)
  5. waterboy

waterboy Active Member

Sounds like a lot of bull to me. I noticed the lawsuit was started in ....San Francisco. Sounds like some people trying to tell other people what to do. If you have too much milk and the prices drop, what are you supposed to do, produce more milk or sell off some cows? Who the heck are these idiots that think they can tell the industry when they should and shouldn't get rid of their cows. I think the people that brought this suit should be the ones to come up with the settlement money.
  6. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

Are we sure this is even real? Might just be a way to harvest email addresses for junk mail.
  7. SteveS

SteveS Executive Board

I drink half gallon to a gallon a day. Maybe I'll get more ? Lol
  8. Sean S

Sean S Executive Board

I heard a story on the news about it too, pretty sure it is legit
  9. Megan

Megan Executive Board Staff Member

Yep it's real.
  10. Jason K

Jason K New Member

The suit isn't about individual suppliers deciding to produce less it's about price fixing by all the suppliers combined which is illegal in the U.S.
  11. waterboy

waterboy Active Member

No, its about some people trying to tell other people what to do. Who started the lawsuit?
  12. Marine590622

Marine590622 Advisory Board Staff Member

School lunch programs for the most part.
  13. AreYouKiddingMe

AreYouKiddingMe Active Member

Randy, he started it. Blame him!
  14. aquaticclarity

aquaticclarity Well-Known Member Staff Member

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
  15. waterboy

waterboy Active Member

Are we still on the same subject? Which do you think has more to do with raising the price of milk, lawsuits like this or selling off a few cows? Personally, I think it is frivolous lawsuits like this that have the most effect. Who do you think pays the $40 - $70 per person and how much does a gallon of milk have to go up to cover it?
  16. Tom

Tom Active Member

OK everyone time to MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve on.
    Jason K, waterboy and bahamafj11 like this.
  17. waterboy

waterboy Active Member

Quote from WWW.boughtmilk.com

Payments Update
    The Fresh Milk Products Price-fixing Class Action payout amounts have been finalized. We received more claims than anticipated, which lowered the expected payout amounts on a fixed settlement fund. Individuals will receive $6.79, and entities will be receiving $190.13.

The appeals deadline has now passed, but unfortunately, there were 3 appeals submitted by objectors to the settlement, which means payments cannot start until those appeals are resolved. It is now in the hands of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.

Regrettably, the wheels of justice don’t always move at the pace we want, and objectors to a settlement can hold up payments for all class members. We are working hard to resolve the appeals so we can get payments in the hands of all claimants. We do apologize for the delays and truly appreciate your patience with this process.

We will keep you informed of new updates as we know them! For more information about the case or the payout process, please review the FAQs.

This is the official website for the Fresh Milk Price-fixing Class Action Lawsuit. On this website you will find details regarding the litigation settlement and your options. A federal court has approved the notices and forms on this site. The administrator who manages this site operates under the supervision of class counsel.

To participate in the settlement, you must have submitted a Claim Form online by January 31, 2017. Mail-in claims must have been postmarked by January 31, 2017. Additional details regarding this lawsuit may be found in the sections that follow .